I get asked this a lot. I have some hacks that you may have heard before but, maybe not. These are what work for me anyway…
- Light- science has proven that light, especially sunlight, boosts your mood. For me, it energizes and makes me feel healthy. They make “happy lights” for indoors too.
- Sleep- get plenty of quality sleep. 7-9 hours. But don’t stay in bed all day. That can make you feel worse.
- Laugh- the act of laughter releases dopamine to your brain, making you feel better. I like to watch stand up comedy!
- Exercise- now this is really effective. If you can muster up enough energy and motivation, go outside and walk briskly. Good for body & mind!
- Eat healthy- fresh whole foods with nutrients make you feel better all over. Avoid caffeine, alcohol and sugar.
- Mindfulness- google this. Or look at my previous post which features the mindfulness site which guides you through this.
- Help someone- this will make you feel so good! It could be something small like buying a strangers coffee. Or call a friend or relative and talk only about them. Do not mention your mood. You can really help someone just by being there.